The Petroleum Equipment & Services Association (PESA), the unified voice for oilfield service, supply and manufacturing companies, has announced the upcoming launch of its ESG Center of Excellence, a web-based clearinghouse of ESG information and resources, along with a new ESG knowledge sharing and individual certification program. Through education and training similar to its Executive Development and Inclusion & Diversity Certification programs, PESA will assist member companies navigating ESG elements and examine the criteria used by socially conscious investors to evaluate business practices.
PESA’s Center of Excellence will serve as a comprehensive library of ESG information and resources, sharing:
- Best practices from within the sector on improving business practices, understanding reporting standards and navigating ESG frameworks
- PESA’s ESG advocating efforts with government officials and other stakeholders
- Training and knowledge sharing program information
- Upcoming ESG events, including PESA-sponsored seminars and speakers
- ESG-related news as well as updates on what PESA member companies and the energy sector are doing to promote ESG initiatives
PESA’s individual ESG knowledge sharing certification program will consist of two full-day seminars held in May and October. The seminars will present ESG best practices within the sector to educate members and cross industry partners on ESG criteria. In addition to these two seminars, participants will engage in prework and individual ESG mentoring programs.
The launch of PESA’s Center of Excellence and knowledge sharing program will coincide with the organization’s annual meeting to be held at the Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay, CA on April 1-3, 2020.*
*Editor’s note: since this article was published, PESA’s Annual Meeting was canceled due to COVID-19. The Center of Excellence will still be launched early April 2020.