Council CEO Leslie Beyer will co-moderate the Houston Strategy Forum’s Energy Transition Strategic Symposium September 29 at the Petroleum Club.
Ravi Kathuria, President of the Houston Strategy Forum, will co-moderate the event, which will feature energy experts and leaders discussing challenges to a smooth and successful transition.
Beyer spoke with Kathuria ahead of the forum:
- Part One: About the Council
- Part Two: The Council’s Current Focus
- Part Three: Energy Transition
Energy transition is a top focus area for oil and gas companies. Panelists will describe initiatives companies have put in place to achieve energy transition. They’ll delve into the level of level of focus and commitment needed, and the criteria by which the industry can measure success. They’ll also look at how companies will need to restructure themselves and how skill sets are being retooled and added.
In addition, the group will analyze the kind of government policy the U.S. should develop to help companies achieve successful energy transition. They’ll answer the question of which factors – environmental, regulation, activism, financial investments, new generational thinking – will prove to be the most potent in driving and sustaining energy transition.
The conversation will also cover how different sources of energy should be prioritized, and how to weigh potential promise vs. risks.
The panel will include:
- John Berger, Chairman, President and CEO, Sunnova
- Stephanie Cox, Executive President Operations, Wood
- Paul Doucette, Energy Transition Executive, Policy & Stakeholder Engagement Leader, Baker Hughes
- Charles McConnell, Executive Director, Carbon Management and Energy Sustainability, University of Houston; Former Assistant Secretary, U.S. Department of Energy
- Jay McKenna, CEO, Nacero Inc.
Visit the website for registration and additional details.
Kevin Broom, Director Communications and Research, writes about the Council’s sector-specific best practices and leadership. Click here to subscribe to the Council’s newsletter, which highlights industry practices, workforce development, Council activities and more.