The two-day Finance for Non-Financial Professionals Program aims to increase financial literacy and help employees understand their role in strategic decision-making. This program will help participants understand the complexities of financial statements, capital budgeting and the importance of cash flow.
Materials are suitable for professionals without a finance background.
Participants are assumed to have no prior knowledge of accounting and finance. The course is based on the fundamentals of accounting and finance but does not require any prerequisites.
- Why finance for non-finance executives
- Financial statements making process – uses & implications
- Financial Management Techniques to Ensure Survival and Growth
- Financial Analysis Through Ratios
- Fund flow analysis to analyze survival/failure/growth of business
- Cash flow analysis
- More About Accounting – Make sure you understand all terms associated with accounting
- Management Accounting – Overview
- How important are balance sheet reading skills?
- The Time Value of Money – Money has a time value?
- How should business financing decisions be made?
- How does cost structure influence profit?
- Types and Financing
- Capital Structuring decisions for your Business
- What’s Break Even? Why is it so important?
- Bank loan for business-related aspects
- How Banks Appraise Term Loans
- Why is Working Capital Management Important?
- How do you prepare a Project Report for Bank Loans?
- How should investment decisions be made?
- An Overview of Cost Accounting
- An Overview of Auditing
Participants will have the opportunity to engage in a one-on-one executive coaching session after the course.
Time and Financial Investment
- Program Duration – 2 days
- Financial Investment – Members $4,500, Non-members $5,500
- Program Sponsorship – $5,000 per organization
2023 Course Dates
Virtual: September 25-26