On January 30, PESA honored graduates of the 2018 Executive Leadership Program at a reception held at Capital Grille City Centre. PESA Board and Advisory Board Members, company leaders, mentors, coaches and graduates gathered to celebrate the accomplishments of more than 50 graduates of the year-long program.
The program, PESA’s forward-thinking talent tool, provides an opportunity for developing leadership skills at the highest level.
The evening began as PESA Board Member and Emerging Executives Board Liaison Dave Warren, President & CEO, Energy Alloys, congratulated graduates on their accomplishment and shared his observation that the industry lacked strong leadership and training 40 years ago when he entered the industry.
“Seeing an executive leadership program like this makes me proud and glad that it is available to develop our industry’s talent,” Warren said. “It’s such an important program not only to develop staff, but to elevate the industry.”
Participants shared what they had gained from the program, which has graduated more than 200 participants in the last four years.
“You get out of the course what you put into it. The mentorship and coaching sessions were great, and I was able to apply it to my work,” Alex Besse, Vice President and General Manager, NOV, said. Besse was a graduate of both the Engaging Leadership and Executive Presence courses.
“With attending PESA meetings, mentorship and coaching sessions, we have the opportunity to think and apply what we’ve learned throughout the year. Mentorship was valuable, because I was be able to interact with leaders outside of my company and learn diverse viewpoints.” – Alex Besse, Vice President and General Manager, NOV
Stuart Cole, Senior Technical Sales Manager, Vallourec, participated in the Executive Presence course and noted it allowed him to become more focused in conversations with his management. The improvement in communication was highlighted in his appraisal.
“The purpose of conversations with management at my company changed while attending the program,” Cole said.
“My supervisor said in my performance review, ‘It’s not just the course you did, it’s the course you applied.’” – Stuart Cole, Senior Technical Sales Manager, Vallourec
Both PESA Members and non-members still have time to register for the 2019 Executive Leadership Program. This year’s program includes a new track on Advanced Business Development, as well as Engaging Leadership and Executive Presence. And for the first time, PESA is offering the Engaging Leadership course in Midland.
All are year-long professional development programs offering participants one-on-one executive coaching sessions, personal assessments and mentorship.
Congratulations to the 2018 Program Graduates
- Brian Adams, Technical Sales Manager, Fairfield Geotechnologies
- Adolfo Aguilera, VP, Manufacturing, Hoover Ferguson
- Rylan Ardoin, Product Line Director – Drilling, Gardner Denver
- Whitney Battarbee, Senior Sales Representative, Energy Alloys
- Alex Besse, Vice President and General Manager, NOV
- Matt Burdyny, Director of Business Development, Teledyne Marine
- Elizabeth Cambre, Business Development Manager – Production Enhancement, Tendeka
- Edwin Casapao, Director, Global Sourcing, Newpark Drilling Fluids
- Victor Castro, Segment Controller, DistributionNOW
- Kiersti Chance, Organizational Development Manager, DistributionNOW
- Stuart Cole, Senior Technical Sales Manager, Vallourec
- Daniel Dibos, Latin America Sales & Service Manager, TechnipFMC
- Steve Ellis, Managing Director, LoneStar Group
- Rafiq Farrukh, Director Consulting, AlixPartners
- Maxwell Felts, Vice President, Wells Fargo Energy Group
- Michael Fields, Director, AlixPartners
- Stephen Fox, Sales Operations Manager, Southwest Oilfield Products
- David Freer, Vice President, Strategy & Finance, Rubicon Oilfield International
- Greg Gilbert, Vice President, Sales, Galtway Industries
- Ben Gile, Manager of Branch Operations, Gardner Denver
- Spencer Hahn, Regional Tech Manager – Completion Systems, Gravity Oilfield Services
- Joey Halverson, Business Development Manager, Energy Alloys
- Todd Harper, Regional Sales Manager – Permian, Gravity Oilfield Services
- Sasha Harris, Product Definition Manager, BJ Services
- Sarah Harris, Global Materials Manager, Energy Alloys
- Andrew Hart, Assistant Controller, Oil States International
- Heather Heacock, Marketing Communication Manager, Gravity Oilfield Services
- Lex Janner, Branch Manager, Gravity Oilfield Services
- Venkat Jayaraman, Global Industry Manager – Upstream & Midstream, Caterpillar Oil & Gas
- Nicole Jennings, Inside Sales, Fox Metals & Alloys
- Jesse Kahle, Commercial Manager, Caterpillar Inc.
- Ivan Louwrens, Country Sales Manager – Canada/Alaska, NOV
- Tony McCullough, Cementing Manager, US South, BJ Services
- Nate McPherson, Engineering Manager, Caterpillar, Inc.
- Scott Meints, Vice President – Container Services, Hoover Ferguson
- Jason Moorman, Account Manager, Gravity Oilfield Services
- Josh Schwieger, Continuous Improvement Manager, Newpark Drilling Fluids
- Craig Segura, Sales Manager, Energy Alloys
- Sumit Shah, Technical Director, American Block
- Bobby Sharpley, Regional Manager – Gulf Coast, Gravity Oilfield Services
- Jerry Spyres, Vice President Operations – Pressure Pumping, Gardner Denver
- Mimi Stansbury, SVP Finance & Administration, OFS Portal
- Erin Stroud, Proposals Manager, DistributionNOW
- Cody Thomason, Branch Manager – Power & Rental, Gravity Oilfield Services
- Justin Travis, Global Business Development, AUGE
- Raghav Vijaywargiya, Product Definition – Production and Services Segment, Caterpillar Oil & Gas
- Chad Wolf, Vice President, Power Generation & Rental Solutions, Gravity Oilfield Services
- Ronnie Woodard, Containment Solutions Division – Director, Gravity Oilfield Services