Colorado’s Gov. Jared Polis recently spoke at the Energy Workforce Summer Meeting in Westminster, CO, where he discussed the “Heat Beneath Our Feet” initiative of the Western Governors’ Association (WGA). The initiative is part of the WGA Chair Initiative and Gov. Polis’ plan, as chairman of the WGA, is to examine opportunities and barriers to the increased development and deployment of geothermal technologies.
As such, WGA has created a survey to identify:
- Priority issues for gubernatorial leadership, including regulatory, technical, economic and workforce opportunities for states to support the development of geothermal projects
- Best practices and case studies for geothermal energy development
- Federal policy issues for potential WGA advocacy
- Individuals or organizations interested in participating in workshops and other opportunities for engagement
- Current markets for technologies and companies.
Interested parties can complete the survey here: https://westgov.org/news/article/the-heat-beneath-our-feet-initiative-survey
Energy Workforce will continue to monitor this initiative and is working with the Polis Administration on how the energy services and technology sector can engage in their areas of expertise, such as geothermal development and deployment in Colorado and other Western states.
Maria Suarez-Simmons, Director Government Affairs, writes about industry-specific policies for the Energy Workforce & Technology Council. Click here to subscribe to the Energy Workforce newsletter, which highlights sector-specific issues, best practices, activities and more.