PESA Members received a glimpse of the new PESA Inclusion & Diversity Business Champion Program during a webinar on February 4.
The webinar – presented by PESA HR Committee Chair Dave Warnick, Division VP of Human Resources, Weir Oil & Gas; Keri Macaluso, Business Strategy Senior Manager, Accenture; and Molly Determan, VP of Strategy and Programs, PESA – offered insight into the new groundbreaking program paving the way for inclusion and diversity in the sector.
[su_quote cite=”Dave Warnick, Division VP of Human Resources, Weir Oil & Gas”]”There’s a real excitement about some of the things we’re trying to create within PESA, and this is a unique program that isn’t being offered elsewhere. ” [/su_quote]
The webinar detailed an overview of the nine-month, four half-day seminar program intended to develop leaders’ expertise on inclusion and diversity. Molly Determan provided a background on how the program was developed, starting in 2017 when PESA partnered with Accenture to create a global study on gender diversity within the services and equipment sector. From there, PESA released a gender and diversity toolkit that provided recommendations that companies could take to improve inclusion and diversity.
Dave Warnick discussed the program’s purpose, which will provide tools for leaders across functions to affect internal change, focusing on building internal organization capability of inclusion and diversity. It is the first of its kind to establish a universal standard outline for a more inclusive and diverse culture in the workplace that can later be tailored to each company’s specific needs.
Warnick also discussed the program’s topics including
- Unconscious Bias
- Inclusion Journey
- Talent Pipeline & Retention
- Sustain/Continue to Build
Keri Macaluso delved deeper into the seminars, detailing how each will include various learning modules of comprehension, application, execution and retention. During the program, attendees will have access to top-level keynotes, exercises involving learning application, industry-leader expert panels and workgroup sessions.
Some of the speakers include:
- Alie Pruner, Founder, Tudor, Pickering & Holt, Independent Director of NRG and Plains All American, Former Independent Director of Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Sharon Spurlin, VP & Treasurer, Plains All American
- Angela Knight, Sr Manager University Recruiting, Enterprise Hiring and Strategic Partnerships, Chevron
- Heather Sirdashney, VP of Human Resources, ConocoPhillips
- Céline Gerson, President, Schlumberger Canada Limited
- Shara Hammond, Leadership & Inclusion Manager, Marathon Oil Company
- Paul Coppinger, President, Weir Oil & Gas
- Kirk Shelton, President – Completion & Production Solutions, NOV
There is still time to be part of this important initiative. For more information on the program and registration, click here. Seminars will be taking place in March, May, September and November.
[gdlr_button href=”https://my.quikbox.com/36YJFCn” target=”new” size=”medium” background=”#3d90c7″ color=”#ffffff”]LISTEN TO WEBINAR[/gdlr_button]
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS