Professionals from across the sector came together on October 4-5 to gain comprehensive insights into oil and gas production. The event, hosted by the Emerging Executives Committee, was sponsored by HMH, as well as strategic partners Chevron, NexTier and SLB.
Energy Workforce Advisory Board Member Elizabeth Stephens, HMH, kicked off the event, welcoming the participants and providing a summary of the event topics, followed by an industry overview by Emerging Executives Committee Chair Don Bishop, Hunting Energy Services.
Other Emerging Executives Committee Members who participated included Vice Chair Ayodeji Daramola, Halliburton; Jordan West, Mustang Cat; Stephanie Wallace, Oil States International; Jesse Carter, DistributionNOW and Ian Falik, Piper Sandler.
Anthony Thomas, Piper Sandler, provided a market outlook to set the stage for the seminar, followed by Ayodeji Daramola, Halliburton, who gave an in-depth history of the industry.
During the two-day seminar, attendees received a comprehensive industry overview covering the entire value chain, encompassing exploration, drilling, refining, and oil and natural gas well production. The program included informative presentations on related topics like economics and innovation. Participants had valuable networking opportunities both after each presentation and during a reception held on the first day.
“I took this course about 15 years ago,” said presenter Darin Bohlmann, Product Marketing Manager for Caterpillar Oil & Gas. “The content has changed a bit, as obviously a lot has shifted in the industry over the past decade or so, but the fundamentals are still here. It’s nice to come back full circle, being here to present to this group.”
Energy Workforce Board Member Chuck Chauviere, President, Pressure Control Systems, HMH, closed the program with a presentation addressing industry trends and innovations, energy security, emissions reduction, the role hydrogen plays in the energy industry and global energy expansion.
Participants left the two-day training inspired by what they had learned.
“This has been the most beneficial and informational seminar that I have been a part of since joining the oil and gas industry.”Oil & Gas 101 Participant
“The presenters were great and all very knowledgeable. Although I only deal with a small portion of the industry, it was great to learn more about oil and gas as a whole and the process from start to finish.”Oil & Gas 101 Participant
Energy Workforce thanks the following companies that contributed subject matter experts for the Oil & Gas 101 training:
- Industry Overview: Don Bishop, Global Sales Executive for Subsea Technologies, Hunting Energy Services
- Energy Market Outlook: Anthony Thomas, Director, Energy & Power Investment Banking, Piper Sandler
- History of the Industry: Ayodeji Daramola, Climate Manager – ESG Reporting, Halliburton
- Geology and Seismic: Andrew Royle, Geophysical Consultant, Chevron
- Rig Systems and Drilling the Well: Tom Yost, Business and Technology Development – Rig Technologies, NOV
- Completions and Flow Equipment: Michael Dardis, Multistage Stimulation Product Champion, SLB
- Innovation in Oil & Gas: Nigel Jenvey, Vice President CCUS & H2 Project Development, Baker Hughes
- Energy Sources That Power the Oilfield: Darin Bohlmann, Product Marketing Manager, Caterpillar Oil & Gas
- Subsea Infrastructure: Nicole McIntosh, ERP Transformation Program Manager, TechnipFMC
- Midstream: Chad Lenamon, COO, Kodiak Gas Services
- Refining: Angie Tew, Senior Manager VCO, Refinery Integration West, Chevron
- Supply Chain: Timm Bohnert, Vice President, Supply Chain, DistributionNOW
- Energy Expansion — What You Do Matters: Chuck Chauviere, President Pressure Control Systems, HMH
The 2024 Oil & Gas 101 Program is scheduled for October 2-3, 2024. Registration is open.
THANK YOU SPONSORS!
Click here to subscribe to the Energy Workforce newsletter, which highlights sector-specific issues, best practices, activities and more.