We trust that you have seen the value of your investment in PESA in 2017, as we have just completed our third consecutive year of positive growth thanks to your strong support and engagement with the Association. While significant industry challenges have continued this year, member companies have continued to persevere through these challenges, building a foundation for future development of the service and supply sector.
Serving as the unified voice for the sector, advocating for and supporting the sector’s achievements in job creation, technological innovation and economic stability, PESA seeks opportunities to further empower its members and support this vital sector. PESA’s ongoing work is embodied in its mantra: Train, Elevate, Network which translates into a broad range of programs and services that are focused on workforce development, advocacy and business intelligence. In 2018, PESA will continue to add opportunities in support of these principles.
- PESA’s workforce development and training programs have been a valuable resource to its members particularly during the challenging times of the last few years when most companies were hard-pressed to prioritize resources for training. In 2017, PESA conducted more than 70 seminars, training programs and leadership forums and the schedule for 2018 is even more robust. The workforce development programs are designed to cultivate talent, strengthening skills and competitiveness.
- Another priority for PESA is to elevate the views of the oilfield service sector. PESA engages with policymakers on legislation and regulations that impact the safety and vitality of the energy industry. As federal and state agencies move forward in implementing the Administration’s agenda, PESA is increasing awareness of the issues that impact our sector with increased advocacy activities and two separate Washington, DC, Fly-In events in 2018.
- A valuable service that underpins all PESA events, programs and activities is the opportunity to network across the supply chain, with key customers and industry thought leaders. In addition to building relationships with colleagues and clients, events are focused on keeping members up-to-date with trends and issues impacting the industry. A number of events are already scheduled for 2018, and we continue to work with our members to develop additional opportunities.
In order to expand the business intelligence offered to the sector, PESA has identified targeted regional domestic and global locations, creating group settings where PESA members can benefit from the ability to address region-specific issues through an influential industry group, engage in best-practice sharing within antitrust compliance and receive sector-specific industry intelligence.
- Utilizing a regional district growth model to scale for success in targeted international locations, PESA implemented a phased approach with strategic intent for global growth starting with the Mexico market. PESA also hosted a Middle East Regional District Meeting in Abu Dhabi on November 14, bringing in an operator executive and U.S. diplomatic officials. In 2018, PESA will continue to identify ways to serve members in Mexico and further develop the Middle East Steering Committee.
- Domestic PESA Regional Districts are Gulf Coast, Mid-Continent/Rockies, Northeast and West TX/South TX. In 2017, Regional District meetings were held in Midland, Odessa, Oklahoma City and Lafayette. In 2018, PESA will continue to develop our Regional presence in West Texas and the Mid-Continent regions adding events in Midland and Denver, as well as expanding the Northeast district with a meeting near Pittsburgh.
PESA exists and prospers because it offers specific benefits to its members that cannot be realized individually – it has done this successfully for more than eight decades and will continue to do so in the years ahead. Preparations for an extraordinary 2018 Annual Meeting are well underway, and we look forward to seeing you April 25-27 at the Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee in Greensboro, GA. We are truly appreciative of your time and resources in support of PESA and our sector.
From our families to yours, warmest wishes for a happy holiday season.