PESA is pleased to announce that another PESA product exclusion has been granted by USTR. On September 20, USTR granted PESA request USTR-2018-0025-6598.
This request was for sucker rods, pony rods and polished rods used exclusively with pumping systems that extract oil and gas from the earth (i.e. artificial lifts). The request also covers sucker-rod couplings that have the same unique thread found on sucker rods and polished rods, without which the rods (and artificial lift unit) cannot operate.
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (“CBP”) has classified artificial lifts in subheading 8413.50.0010, HTS. This granted product request joins five other PESA granted requests which include:
- USTR-2018-0025-6589 “Artificial Lifts” found within HTS code 8413.50.0010
- USTR-2018-0025-6591 “Centrifugal Pumps” found within HTS code 8413.70.2090
- USTR-2018-0025-6593 “Beam Pumping Units” found within HTS code 8413.91.9080
- USTR-2018-0025-6595 “Pump Casings” found within HTS code 8413.91.9080
- USTR-2018-0025-6602 “Pump Components” found within HTS code 8421.99.0080
All companies importing products meeting this description will benefit from this exclusion.
Should you have any questions about this process please feel free to contact Vice President Government Affairs Tim Tarpley. PESA remains committed to working with its member companies to mitigate and navigate the Section 301 tariff process as best as possible.