Individuals from across the services and equipment sector gathered on March 20-21 for a comprehensive overview of oil and gas production, hosted by the PESA Emerging Executives Committee and sponsored by Tudor, Pickering, Holt and Company. This spring’s Oil & Gas 101 attendance was at an all-time high, again representing an extraordinarily diverse group, both in companies and functions. An audience of attendees across multiple disciplines also made for excellent discussion, Q&A sessions and networking opportunities.
Dan Pickering, President & Head of Asset Management, Tudor, Pickering, Holt and Company, kicked off the two-day seminar with an Energy Market Outlook to set the stage for the seminar followed by PESA member Omeid Rahimian, Project Manager, Oceaneering, who gave an in-depth history of the industry.
Multiple speakers from other companies across various sectors then followed, giving attendees a comprehensive view of the oil and gas industry and its economic impact on a world stage. Using technological advances, these companies have recently been able to greatly increase production and become among the fastest in the world.
PESA thanks the following companies that contributed subject matter experts for the Oil & Gas 101 training:
- Energy Market Outlook: Dan Pickering, President and Head of Asset Management, Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co.
- History of the Industry: PESA Emerging Executives Committee Member Omeid Rahimian, Global Sourcing Engineer, Oceaneering
- Geology and Geophysics: Mark Sullivan, Industry Solutions Advisor, Halliburton
- Rig Technologies and Drilling the Well: Karl Appleton, Vice President of Marketing, NOV
- Completions and Flow Equipment: Ed O’Malley, Director of Technology for Completions, Baker Hughes, a GE company
- Subsea Infrastructure: Nicole McIntosh, Tender Project Manager, Subsea NAM, TechnipFMC
- Oil & Gas Startup Ecosystem: Gaby Rowe, CEO, Station Houston
- Midstream: Brian Leedy, Business Development Manager – Processing & Treating, Exterran
- Refining: Cristy Moreno-Earle, Downstream Senior Issues Advisor, ExxonMobil
- Supply Chain: Brad Wise, Vice President, Marketing & Investor Relations, DistributionNOW
- Policy Watch: Tim Tarpley, Vice President, Government Affairs, PESA
- Future of Work and the Digital Oilfield: Rolando Gabarron, Principal Digital Product Manager, Upstream Digital Solutions, Baker Hughes, a GE company