In the latest episode of the Energy in Transition podcast, Council CEO and podcast host Leslie Beyer and Council SVP Government Affairs Tim Tarpley discuss the merger of PESA and AESC to form the Energy Workforce & Technology Council, and how the combined organization will elevate and advocate for the oilfield services and equipment sector.
“The men and women in our sector want a clean environment just like everybody else,” Tarpley said during the podcast. “More importantly, the solution to get to that lower carbon energy future is going to come from the technological solutions that are created by those men and women in the OFS sector. We need to get that across. We’re not part of the problem, we’re going to be part of the solution.”
They also analyze President Biden’s executive orders and look ahead to the how legislative and administration actions could affect OFS companies. This informative conversation provides insights and information OFS leaders need about what’s coming for U.S. energy policy and what it means for the future of energy.
The Energy in Transition podcast is a platform for high-level discussions about the state of the OFS sector, emerging technologies and the path ahead in a world of lower-carbon energy development.
In each episode, Beyer engages industry executives and thought leaders in an exploration of industry trends and topics, including ESG, capital markets, inclusion and diversity, workforce innovation, energy policy, and the role of oil and gas in the transition to a lower carbon energy future.
- Rod Larson, President & CEO, Oceaneering, and Council Board Co-Chair
- Robert Drummond, President & CEO, NexTier Completion Services
- Special Election Episode with Bob Moran, Senior Managing Director, FTI Consulting
- Kyle Ramachandran, President & CFO, Solaris Oilfield Infrastructure
- Kenneth B. Medlock III, Ph.D, James A. Baker, III, and Susan G. Baker Fellow in Energy and Resource Economics at Rice University’s Baker Institute and the senior director of the Center for Energy Studies
- Gabriel Rio, President & CEO, Milestone Environmental Services
- Scott Gale, Executive Director, Halliburton Labs
- Mahesh Konduru, Chief Executive Officer, ProSep