Global forum recognizes energy leaders as 74,000 watch worldwide
On March 8, PESA Members were honored with the first-ever GRIT Awards, honoring more than 30 energy leaders from around the world during the third annual HERWorld Energy Forum. The winners spanned different countries, specializations and genders to present a truly diverse pool of energy leaders making a difference.
Melody Meyer, board member at BP plc, AbbVie and NOV delivered the keynote address, offering her insights on GRIT and how it enabled her successful 37-year career at Chevron.
The GRIT Awards were created to recognize women leaders in energy, and the men who advocate for their progress. More than 200 applications poured in from North America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Africa, Asia, Russia and the Middle East. In the end, Experience Energy, a Pink Petro company, honored more than 30 women and men from a range of companies, including PESA Member Companies DistributionNOW, Halliburton, TETRA Technologies, NOV and Weatherford, at an event that was streamed live online to 74,000 viewers.
“These women and men exemplify what it means to be a modern leader in energy. Our industry is in the midst of dramatic change, and the GRIT Awards were designed to recognize those who are embracing our collective need for growth, resilience, innovation and transition in an increasingly transparent world,” said Katie Mehnert, founder of Experience Energy and Pink Petro, a global online community dedicated to ending the gender gap in energy.
Below is a full list of GRIT Award winners for 2018:
- Mike Adams: Co-Founder, Norwell EDGE
- Jerri Babin: VP, Reliability & Sales Operational Strategy, NOV
- Monica Baistrocchi: HSE&SQ Area Manager, Halliburton
- Tracee Bentley: Executive Director, Colorado Petroleum Council
- Amy Bowe: Director, Upstream Consulting, Wood MacKenzie
- Kaitlyn Bunker: Manager, Rocky Mountain Institute
- Maria Angela Capello: Consultant I, Kuwait Oil Company
- Tina Carmona: Facility Manager, Aera Energy
- Jay Copan: Executive Director, World Gas Conference 2018
- Sylvia Garcia: Business Development & Consultant Services Manager, OPC USA
- Jack Gerard: President & CEO, American Petroleum Institute
- Jaime Glas: Owner/Managing Director, Hot Stuff Safetywear
- Pat Guillory: Chief Financial Officer, Gulf Copper & Manufacturing Corp.
- Linda Ibrahim: VP of Tax & Governmental Compliance, Vantage Energy Services, Inc.
- Elyse Knudson: Major Capital Project HES Advisor, Chevron
- Michelle Lewis: Chief Strategy Officer, SVP, Corporate Development and Investor Relations, DistributionNOW
- Dena Lund: EVP Operations & Engineering, Sterling Energy Investments
- Susan Morrice: Co-Founder, Director Chair, Belize Natural Energy
- Skyler Obregon: Regional Compliance Counsel for U.S. & Canada, Weatherford International
- Sara Ortwein: President, XTO Energy
- Tina Peters: Owner/President, Mallard Inc.
- Marti Powers: External Relations Manager, U.S.A., Shell
- Tameka Ramsey: Manager, Global Compliance & Ethics, ConocoPhillips
- Julia Reinhart: President, Human Resources, Valero
- Elijio Serrano: SVP and Chief Financial Officer, TETRA Technologies
- Victoria Shterengarts: Head of Directorate, Gas Marketing & New Markets Business Development, Rosneft
- Katherine Stokes: Executive Director, West Texas Energy Consortium
- Suganthi Subramaniam: Malaysia IT Country Chair, Shell
- Jennifer Walsh: Head of Communications, Covestro
- Souzi Weiland: Manager, Learning & Organization Development, Southwestern Energy
- Nooshin Yazhari: Founder & President, Optimum
- The Anadarko Stakeholders Relations Team
- Team BP
Watch the GRIT Awards replay.