Individuals from across the service and supply sector gathered on October 5-6 for a comprehensive overview of oil and gas production, hosted by the Emerging Executives Committee and sponsored by HMH and strategic partners Chevron and Schlumberger.
View Photo Gallery
Committee Vice Chair Simao Silva, Oceaneering, kicked off the event, welcoming the participants and providing a summary of the event topics, followed by an industry overview by Molly Determan and Maria Suarez-Simmons, Energy Workforce.
Anthony Thomas, Piper Sandler, provided a market outlook to set the stage for the seminar, followed by Ayodeji Daramola, Halliburton, who gave an in-depth history of the industry.
Over the two-day seminar, participants were given a full overview of the industry across the value chain – from exploration, drilling and refining to production of oil and natural gas wells, including presentations on related subjects such as economics and innovation. Attendees also had the opportunity to network after each presentation as well as during a reception on the first day.
Energy Workforce Board Member Chuck Chauviere, President, Pressure Control Systems, HMH, closed the program with a presentation addressing industry trends and innovations, energy security, emissions reduction, the role hydrogen plays in the energy industry and global energy expansion.
Participants left the two-day training inspired by what they had learned.
“These topics are extremely beneficial to me and my job title. Now I understand how things flow from upstream to downstream.”Oil & Gas 101 Participant
Energy Workforce thanks the following companies that contributed subject matter experts for the Oil & Gas 101 training:
- Industry Overview: Molly Determan, COO, and Maria Suarez-Simmons, Energy Workforce & Technology Council
- Energy Market Outlook: Anthony Thomas, Director, Energy & Power Investment Banking, Piper Sandler – presentation
- History of the Industry: Ayodeji Daramola, Climate Manager – ESG Reporting, Halliburton
- Geology and Seismic: Andrew Royle, Geophysical Consultant, Chevron – presentation
- Rig Systems and Drilling the Well: Tom Yost, Business and Technology Development – Rig Technologies NOV
- Completions and Flow Equipment: Partha Ganguly, Technology, Operations, Marketing, Baker Hughes – presentation
- Innovation in Oil & Gas: Neil Christianson, Senior Manager, Accenture – presentation
- Energy Sources That Power the Oilfield: Will Kernan, Product Development Lead and Strategist, Caterpillar
- Subsea Infrastructure: Nicole McIntosh, ERP Transformation Program Manager, TechnipFMC
- Midstream: Brian Leedy, Business Development Manager, Exterran – presentation
- Refining: Michael DeLeon, Senior Manager US East Refinery Integration, Chevron – presentation
- Supply Chain: Timm Bohnert, Vice President, Supply Chain, DistributionNOW – presentation
- Emissions/Efficiencies in Production: Chuck Chauviere, President Pressure Control Systems, HMH – presentation
THANK YOU SPONSORS!
The 2023 Oil & Gas Program is scheduled for October 4-5, 2023. Registration is open.