PESA’s Racial Equality Task Force (RETF) is continuing its momentum as multiple working groups held their first calls to make plans and begin work. Each group is developing actions plans to set achievable goals and make lasting change.
- PESA’s Inclusion and Diversity Business Champion Program is currently being expanded to include a focus on racial equality and has already provided curriculum enhancements for the upcoming Unconscious Bias seminar on September 22.
- The Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) working group is planning to launch a sector-wide cross-organization employee and ally resource group initially starting with the Black and African American community.
- PESA launched the first of its kind OFS diversity study focused on gender in 2018. The survey will be expanded to include racial and ethnic minorities and will be launched in 2021. The corresponding toolkit and maturity index will be updated once the findings from the survey are captured.
- Opportunities for mentorship and sponsorship are being identified and will leverage existing PESA programs.
- Collaborations with industry partners will be extended.
- Additional support and visibility for the Petroleum Academies are being offered.
- Efforts will be targeted at recruiting from Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HCBUs) and universities with minority focus.
For more information on or to participate in the working groups, please contact PESA Vice President, Strategy & Programs Molly Determan.