This year, PESA presented the 2020 ESG Knowledge Sharing Certification Program, the first of its kind in the OFS sector, to share best practices for the current environment. Held virtually, the program included an ESG Maturity Study, deep dives into each of the ‘Environment, Social and Governance’ dimensions and a full-day seminar followed by a certification ceremony.
Led by PESA ESG Committee Co-Chairs, Jock Pool, Oceaneering, and Valerie Banner, Exterran, the concluding seminar took place November 19 and honored the inaugural 35-person cohort. The first half of the day focused on the OFS sector’s role in energy transition and technology providers. The second half delved into ESG reporting frameworks. Reporting continues to be an area of focus for OFS companies, according to the maturity survey.
To establish an ESG baseline within the OFS sector, Accenture developed and surveyed companies to collect data on ESG trends and dimensions via the ESG Maturity Study. Understanding where the OFS is will help PESA serve its membership effectively and allow members to benchmark against their peers.
Building off the findings, each dimension ‘deep dive’ featured prominent speakers from E&Ps, as well as non-energy industries. Each offered practical ideas and examples of how service companies could further develop in these areas. Speakers discussed the importance of communicating successes, procedures, and best practices widely.
2020 PROGRAM GRADUATES
- Loren Baker, Continuous Improvement Manager, Sigma Fasteners
- Sofia Barrios, Vice President Measurement Products, TechnipFMC
- Sam Bedell, HSE Director, Gravity Oilfield Services
- Travis Bolt, Product Development Manager, National Oilwell Varco
- Adam Bozick, Regional Sales Manager, Victaulic
- Michael Bradshaw, HSE Director, Oil States International
- Julia Brown, Assistant Corporate Secretary, Exterran Corporation
- Jeff Capell, Sales and Operations Manager, S+S Industries
- J.B. Cheatham, Vice President Business Development, Minco Machine & Clad Welding
- Gary Childress, VP – QHS&E, Oil States International
- Kesley Fraley, Markey Analyst & Communication Specialist, Oil States International
- Jennifer Gray, Global HSE Support Manager, Oceaneering International
- Blake Hancock, VP, Investor Relations & Corporate Development, Exterran Corporation
- Rium Tapjan Johnson, Chief HSSE Officer, National Oilwell Varco
- Paul Kaster, Senior Vice President HSE, ProFrac Services
- Carla Lewis, VP Marketing & Analytics, NexTier
- Victoria Lopez, Director of ESG, Arcosa
- Siangling Lu, Business Data Analyst, Weir Oil & Gas
- Anthony Mason, Senior VP, Endurance Lift Solutions
- Quay McKnight, Chairman & President, M&M International
- Tommy Morris, VP HSE, Gravity Oilfield Services
- Ganesh Nayak, Director, Product Line and Marketing, Exterran Corporation
- Aldo Perez, Business Development Director, AUGE Industrial
- Grant Pilgrim, Vice President HS&E, Technical Training, Property Management, Stream-Flo USA
- Paramjit Rai, Sr. Manager Environmental Affairs and Sustainability, Exterran Corporation
- Renato Rios, Partner, RATE Advisors
- Valina Sefa, Global Environmental Specialist, National Oilwell Varco
- Austin Stevens, Regional Sales Manager, Victaulic
- Melissa Stevenson, Senior Corporate Administrator, Oil States International
- Breck Swigart, Director of Product Management, Kimray
- Myk Thornton, Region HSE Manager, Oil States International
- Gina Villega, WW Training & Competency Manager, Oceaneering International
- Paul Walsh, Director – Corporate Quality, Exterran Corporation
- Richard Wegner, VP Quality, Health, Safety and Environment, Basic Energy Services
- Misty White, HR Manager, M&M International
Registration is now open for the 2021 cohort, which will consist of four half-day seminars, executive coaching, and ESG mentoring. It will be part of the “PESA Certified Executive” program, which elevates professional standards, enhances individual performance and builds knowledge critical to the oil and gas industry.